A big thanks to everyone who responded to my post on Have Fun, Do Good, VegCookbook Club 2012: Wanna Join?
Based on your comments, Facebook messages, emails, and tweets, your choice for our January VegCookbook is Appetite for Reduction: 125 Fast and Filling Low-Fat Vegan Recipes by Isa Chandra Moskowitz!
I’ve created the VegCookbook Club for anyone who would like to eat less meat and animal products.
You can join for a variety of reasons:
• Animal rights
• A creative cooking challenge
• To be part of a cooking community
• To have fun!
How the VegCookbook Club works:
• Each month I’ll select a vegetarian, or vegan cookbook for us to cook from together.
• Each Meatless Monday I’ll post about recipes that I tried from the cookbook.
• In the comments of my post, you’ll share the recipes you made from that month’s cookbook, and let everyone know how they turned out. You can leave a comment, or a link to your own blog post.
• We’ll ask questions (e.g. What the heck is nutritional yeast?).
• We’ll add photos of what we made to the VegCookbook Flickr group.
• We’ll tweet about our VegCooking with the hashtag #vegcookbookclub
• On the last Meatless Monday of the month, I’ll do a round up post with some of your comments, blog posts, photos, and tweets, and announce the next month’s VegCookbook.
My hope is that the VegCookbook Club will:
• Be a fun and creative community
• Provide inspiration, support and motivation for us to eat less animal products
• Encourage us to cook more often for ourselves, our family, friends and community