It was cold this week, and I had a cold, so it seemed like a good time to make soup. I’m a big fan of soups ’cause they’re a one-pot meal, and make lots of leftovers. Maybe we’ll cook from Vegan Soups and Hearty Stews for All Seasons in February, or March. What do you think?
Both of the soups I made this week were delish:
The hubs and I both seasoned our soups with balsamic vinegar to taste. Vegetarians ~ This soup is yummy with a hard boiled egg in it. When we were in Peru years ago, we ate a lot of quinoa soup, and it was often served with sliced egg.
I looove this soup. The challenge is to not eat the rest of the bag of tortilla chips while you cook! I chose the mild route, and used a green bell pepper (instead of a poblano pepper), omitted the jalapeños, and used only a dash of red pepper flakes.
What recipes did you try this week?
You can participate in the VegCookbook Club in a variety of ways:
- Write about the recipes you tried in the comments. What did you like? What didn’t you like? What changes did you make?
- Ask a question in the comments.
- Share a link to a post from your own blog about the recipes you made this week.
- Post photos of what you made in the VegCookbook Flickr group.
- Tweet about what you cooked with the hashtag #vegcookbookclub
- Post a photo on Instagram of what you cooked with the hashtag #vegcookbookclub
Full disclosure: The link to Vegan Soups and Hearty Stews for All Seasons is connected to my Amazon Associates account. If you make a purchase after clicking on the link, I get a small percentage of the sale.