Happy Meatless Monday VegCookbook Cooks!
Last week I went outside my cooking comfort zone twice. It was my first time making my own meatless meatbals with the Black-Eyed Pea & Tempeh Beanballs recipe from Appetite for Reduction.
The hubs really liked them, but honestly, they were a little too tempeh-tasting for me. I *did* love the addition of sliced zucchini and scallions from the Cajun Beanballs and Spaghetti recipe. Instead of making the Spicy Cajun version of Mom’s Marinara, I made it with mushroom and onions. Delish. I love knowing that I can make my own spaghetti sauce now, and don’t have to buy it.
My second cooking adventure was cooking with fennel for the Eggplant Provencal recipe. I had to watch a video to learn how to clean the fennel!
This photo doesn’t make it look very appealing, but I loved this dish. It reminded me of a beef stew that my mom made when I was little. I’ll definitely be making it again. A terrific winter meal.
You can participate in the VegCookbook Club in a variety of ways:
- Write about the recipes you tried in the comments. What did you like? What didn’t you like? What changes did you make?
- Ask a question in the comments.
- Share a link to a post from your own blog about the recipes you made this week.
- Post photos of what you made in the VegCookbook Flickr group.
- Tweet about what you cooked with the hashtag #vegcookbookclub
- Post a photo on Instagram of what you cooked with the hashtag #vegcookbookclub
Full disclosure: The link to Appetite for Reduction is connected to my Amazon Associates account. If you make a purchase after clicking on the link, I get a small percentage of the sale.