Last week, I made the Stove Top Granola from our November VegCookbook, Forks Over Knives: The Cookbook.
It’s a quick and simple recipe with only five ingredients: rolled oats, date molasses or brown rice syrup, cinnamon, salt, and dried fruit. I used brown rice syrup, because I had it on hand, and didn’t include dried fruit, because that would have meant a trip to the store on my lazy Thanksgiving weekend (:
The result was mildly sweet and very chewy. It sort of reminded me of the caramel popcorn balls kids used to bring in their lunch in the 70s (do people make those anymore?).
VegCookbook Story Swap
- Julie of Seize the Veggies made the the Barley and Sweet Potato Pilaf.
- Kelley of Eatin’ Vegan in Smalltown USA made the Harvest Vegetable Chowder, and the Green Chili Rice with Black Beans
- Lydia of vegankind made the Pumpkin Pie Smoothie and the Chocolate Pumpkin Loaf
From Instagram and Twitter:
- Diana (@VeggieNextDoor on Twitter and on Instagram), shared photos of the Mean Green Smoothie and the Fruited Barley.
- She also got a head start on our December VegCookbook, Vegan Holiday Kitchen, and posted a photo of Cranberry-Carrot Cake.
What did you VegCook last week?