Sorry for the late round-up this week. I’ve been busy spreading the word about my upcoming Juicy Blogging E-Course.
Last week I made three things from our August VegCookbook, Betty Goes Vegan.
1. Rosemary Garlic Bread
This was super yummy. I made a little boo boo and didn’t crush the rosemary like the recipe said to, but it was still good.
2. Cacio e Pepe
This was fine. I’m not a huge vegan cheese fan, so that was a big part of it. Also, the little store I bought groceries at this weekend didn’t carry fettucine, so I used whole wheat spaghetti, which came out rather sticky, and they didn’t have oregano leaves, so I used thyme. So, basically, I didn’t make the recipe! I bet it’s tasty if you make it according to the directions. I really liked all the black pepper in it (Cacio e Pepe means cheese and pepper).
3. Penne All’Arrabbiata
This was another case of my not following the directions. I was afraid to add the 2-4 red chili peppers, so I just sprinkled in some crushed red pepper, which didn’t give it the bold flavor that chili peppers would. I also was trying to do too many things at once, and overcooked the penne.
I didn’t have the best vegcooking week last week : (
This week’s motto: Follow the directions!
VegCookbook Club Story Swap
- Diana of Veggie Next Door made the Green Monstah Casserole
- Elisa Camahort Page of Veggie Goes Vegan made the Greek Lemon Soup and the Mexican Meatloaf.
- Evesfca made the Risotto alla Millanese.
- Happy Vegan Kitchen made the Fresh Herb Vinaigrette (video), the Moroccan Spice Tofu Wraps, and the Baby Tiramisu Whoopie Pies
- Kelley of Eatin’ Vegan in Smalltown USA made the Spiced Apple Waffles.
- Lydia of Vegankind made the Cowboy Caviar.
What did you VegCook last week?