For those of you who celebrated Thanksgiving last week, I hope you had a delicious and restful holiday weekend. The day after Thanksgiving seemed like the perfect day for me to make Carrot Cake Pancakes from our November VegCookbook, Isa Does It. They were tasty, but a little too spicy for me. I prefer the Puffy Pillow Pancakes, which were delish!
We’re already into the beginning of December and some of you have jumped right into our December theme: making new and favorite recipes from the VegCookbooks we’ve cooked from together in 2013. I’ve listed the recipes you’ve tried beneath each VegCookbook title.
VegCookbook Club Story Swap:
Isa Does It (November)
- Amy made the Garlicky Thyme Tempeh, the Kale Salad with Butternut Squash and Lentils, the Butternut Bisque with a Coconut Swirl, and the Chunky Miso Vegetable Soup.
- Catherine made the Oatmeal Raisin Cookies and the Lentil-a-Roni.
- Elizabeth made the Dilly Stew.
- Eve made the Blueberry Maple Bran Muffins.
- Happy Vegan Kitchen made the Puffy Pillow Pancakes, and the Kale Salad with with Butternut Squash and Lentils.
- Janet at The Taste Space (saveur on vegansprout.com) made the Coconut Chana Saag, Scrambled Chickpeas, Chai Spice Snickerdoodles, My Thai Overnight Scramble, Cucumber Ranch Bowl with Breaded Tofu, Steamy Beany Sausages, Summer Seitan Sauté with Cilantro and Lime, Trumpet Mushroom and Tofu Sauté with Asparagus, and the Chickpea-Rice Soup with Cabbage.
- Jess made the Rosemary Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- Jenn made the Lemon-Blueberry Loaf, Roasted Butternut Alfredo, and the Cheddary Broccoli Soup.
- Jomaryu made the Acorn Squash Risotto.
- Jules made the Pizza Bowl and the Lentil-a-Roni.
- Kate made the Cornbread Muffins and the Banana Nut Muffins.
- Kristen made the Meaty Beany Chili, the Puffy Pillow Pancakes, and the Marbled Banana Bread.
- Lynsey made the Roasted Butternut Alfredo.
- Jenny made the Nirvana Enchilada Casserole.
Vegan Indian Cooking (September)
Eat, Drink and Be Vegan (July)
- Elizabeth made the Lemon Cashew Pesto.
- Lynsey made the Cumin Lime Tofu and Autumn Purée and the Tamari Roasted Chickpeas.
What have you been VegCooking?