Last week, I made two tofu scrambles from our March VegCookbook, Vegan Brunch by Isa Chandra Moskowitz.
Basic Scrambled Tofu
I’ve had Vegan Brunch for awhile, and this recipe, along with the Perfect Pancakes recipes, are two of my favs. It’s super flavorful and easy to make. The only thing is, I can’t get the tofu to look like the photo in the book. My tofu always crumbles, rather than holds its shape in blocks, even though I’m using the extra-firm variety. I served it with Field Roast Italian “Sausage” and toast.
Sesame Scrambled Tofu and Greens with Yams
This was so so so so good. The combination of the sweetness of the yams, with the nuttiness of the sesame seeds and sesame oil, with the spiciness of the ginger and red pepper flakes, and the saltiness of the soy sauce is genius. You could eat it as is, or put it on noodles for dinner. I will definitely make this again.
VegCookBook Club Story Swap
Because this week included two different months, folks made dishes from our February VegCookbook, Color Me Vegan, and our March VegCookbook, Vegan Brunch.
- Barbi made the Tofu Omelet with Mushrooms and Spinach, and recommended the Creamy Avocado Potato Salad.
- Diana B. of Veggie Next Door also made the made the Sesame Scrambled Tofu and Greens with Yams.
- Lydia of Vegankind made the Basic Scrambled Tofu with Roasted Portobellos and the Classic Broccoli Quiche.
Color Me Vegan
- Barbi made the Raspberry Lemon Muffins.
- jomaryu made the Corn Chowder.
- Kelley of Eatin’ Vegan in Smalltown USA made the Brown Lentil Soup, Indian-Style Black Bean and Veggie Burritos, and the Couscous and Veggie Medley.
- Valley Vegan made the Blackberry Breakfast Bars.
What did you VegCook this week?