I’m so sorry that the round-up of all of your beautiful VegCooking has been delayed. Here’s a big ‘ole list of what we’ve been cooking together from our March VegCookbook, Oh She Glows, and our April VegCookbook, Mayim’s Vegan Kitchen, since our last round-up on March 7th.
For some reason, not all of the photos tagged with #vegcookbookclub are visible on statigr.am (the site I link to so you all can click through and see the VegCooking photos on Instagram). You’ll have to search for #vegcookbookclub on Instagram on your phone to see all of the photos.
I’ve posted photos of what I’ve been VegCooking at the bottom of the post.
VegCookbook Club Story Swap
March VegCookbook: Oh She Glows
- Alyssa made the Indian Lentil Cauliflower Soup, and the Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas with Avocado Cilantro Cream Sauce, and the Protein Power Goddess Bowl.
- Amy made the Rad Rainbow Pad Thai, Chickpea Salad, Lemon-Tahini Goddess Dressing, Gym Rat Smoothie, Cheerful Chocolate Smoothie, Luxurious Tomato-Basil Pasta, Quick & Easy Chana Masala, Creamy Avocado-Potato Salad, Effortless Vegan Overnight Oats, Classic Hummus, Classic Green Monster, Loaded Savory Oatmeal and Lentil Bowl, Creamy Avocado Pasta, Soul Soothing African Peanut Stew, Cashew Cream, Maple-Cinnamon Apple and Pear Baked Oatmeal, Perfected Chickpea Salad, and the Protein Power Goddess Bowl.
- Barbee made the Tofu Scramble and Roasted Potatoes, Soba Noodle Bowl with Orange Maple-Miso Dressing, Maple-Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal, Broccoli Cheese Burrito, Cheerful Chocolate Smoothie, and the Yolos.
- Catherine made the Indian Lentil-Cauliflower Soup, Loaded Savory Oatmeal and Lentil Bowl, Quick and Easy Chana Masala, Morning Glory Smoothie, Enlightened Miso Power Bowl, Eat Your Greens Detox Soup, and the Creamy Tomato Soup with Roasted Italian Chickpea Croutons,
- Charlie made the Cauliflower Lentil Soup.
- Christa made the Eat Your Greens Detox Soup.
- Cintia made the Classic Green Monster, Gym Rat Smoothie, Oil-Free Chocolate Zucchini Muffins, Raw Buckwheat Breakfast Porridge, Indian Lentil-Cauliflower Soup, Soul Soothing African Peanut Stew, and the Protein Power Goddess Bowl.
- Courtney made the Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchilada Casserole.
- Denversuz made the Classic Green Monster.
- Diana of Veggie Next Door made the Maple-Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal.
- Elizabeth Thompson made the Luxurious Tomato-Basil Pasta, Classic Green Monster, Indian Curry Soup, and the Avocado Pasta.
- Elizabeth made the Gym Rat Smoothie, Cream of Tomato Soup with Roasted Italian Chickpea Croutons, and the Raw Buckwheat Porridge.
- Erin made the Luxurious Tomato Basil Pasta.
- Eve made the Apple Pie Oatmeal, Crunchy Maple-Cinnamon Roasted Almond Butter, Cream of Tomato Soup with Roasted Italian Chickpea Croutons, Classic Green Monster, Morning Glory Smoothie, and the Lightened Up Crispy Baked Fries.
- Gina of Happy Vegan Kitchen made the Lentil Walnut Apple Loaf, Basic Oatmeal Squares, Gluten-free Chocolate Almond Brownies, Life-Affirming Warm Nacho Dip, On the Mend Red Lentil-Kale Soup, Out the Door Chia Power Donuts, and the Enlightened Miso Power Bowl.
- Helen made the Effortless Vegan Overnight Oats.
- Jana made the Sumptuous Shepherd’s Stew.
- Janet at The Taste Space (saveur on vegansprout.com) made the Salt and Pepper Roasted Chickpeas, Summer Harvest Tortilla Soup, Gym Rat Smoothie, Indian Lentil Cauliflower Soup, Crowd-Pleasing Tex-Mex Casserole, Classic Glo-Bar, 15-Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta, Breakfast Chocolate Mocha Pudding Cake, and Eat Your Greens Detox Soup.
- Jen made the Homemade Yolos, Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas with Avocado-Cilantro Cream Sauce, Immune Boosting Tomato Mushroom and Lentil Sauce, Black Bean Burger, and Cilantro Avocado Cream Sauce.
- Jenn made the Cream of Tomato Soup with Roasted Italian Chickpea Croutons, Classic Green Monster Smoothie, Luxurious Tomato-Basil Pasta, Indian Lentil-Cauliflower Soup, Glowing Mojo-ito Green Monster, and the Cheerful Chocolate Smoothie.
- jokevanoo made the Soul Soothing African Peanut Stew, Crowd-Pleasing Tex-Mex Casserole, Mashed Potatoes with Butternut Squash, Zucchini and Roasted Garlic, Mushroom Gravy, Balsamic, Maple and Garlic Tempeh, and the Butternut Squash with Almond Pecan Parmesan.
- Jules made the Pan-Seared Garlic Tofu, Out the Door Chia Power Donuts, and the No Nuts About It Granola.
- Kate made the Soul Soothing African Peanut Stew.
- Lydia of Vegankind made the Classic Green Monster, Green Monster Overnight Oats with Blueberries, Easy Salt and Vinegar Roasted Chickpeas, Carrot Apple Ginger Soup, and the Hummus That Changed Everything. Check out her blog for more commentary about what she made.
- Lynsey made the Crowd-Pleasing Tex Mex Casserole, Out the Door Chia Power Donuts, Enlightened Miso Power Bowl, Protein Power Goddess Bowl, Creamy Tomato Soup with Toasted Chickpea Croutons, and Empowered Noodle Bowl with Orange-Maple Miso Dressing.
- Megan made the Maple-Cinnamon Apple and Pear Baked Oatmeal, and the Marinated Balsamic, Maple and Garlic Tempeh, and the Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes with Easy Mushroom Gravy.
- Melissa made the Buckwheat Porridge, Classic Hummus, and the Easy Almond Pulp Granola.
- Tami made the Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Arugula and Basil Bruschetta, and the Marinated Balsamic, Maple and Garlic Tempeh.
April VegCookbook: Mayim’s Vegan Table
What I’ve Been VegCooking:
April VegCookbook: Oh She Glows
Apple Pie Oatmeal
I LOVED this recipe. I must have made it 5 or 6 times last month. I didn’t include the shredded coconut or hemp seeds ’cause I didn’t have them, and they were kinda pricey. Now that the weather is warming up, it doesn’t appeal to me as much, but I’ll definitely start making it again in the fall.
Loaded Savory Oatmeal and Lentil Bowl
This was also extremely delicious. I wish I had doubled the recipe. YUM!
Maple-Cinnamon Apple and Pear Baked Oatmeal
I liked this too, but nothing could compare to my beloved Apple Pie Oatmeal!
Crispy Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These were also *very* good (basically, everything in this cookbook is yummy). I’ve never made gluten-free cookies before, so it was great to have a delicious vegan and gluten-free cookie option for potlucks. Everyone at the gathering I brought them to had a variety of dietary needs and likes, and they all liked them.
Beet Salad with Hazelnuts, Thyme and Balsamic Reduction
Another winner, although it took me much longer to make it than I expected after roasted, peeling and slicing the beets, toasting the hazelnuts, and making the balsamic reduction (so fancy!). This is definitely a weekend dish, at least for me.
Creamy Vegetable Curry
This was good, but the “Creamy Curried Vegetables” in How It All Vegan is still my favorite curry recipe.
Classic Green Monster Smoothie
I liked that this recipe made a lot. I put some in a jar, thinking I would finish it the next day, but it was too delish. I drank it all at once!
Luxurious Tomato-Basil Pasta
Yum! If I make this again, I’ll definitely double the recipe because it went to fast.
May VegCookbook: Mayim’s Vegan Table
Mac N Cheez
This was a fine recipe, but I’m just not a “fake” cheese fan. I keep trying recipes that use things like Daiya Cheese, but I just don’t like it. I prefer nut, or nutritional yeast cheese alternatives.
This was a perfectly good green smoothie, and I liked that it made a lot.
Almond Butter Smoothie
This was very yummy because it was sweeeeet!
What have you been VegCooking?