Last week was another busy one, so I only had a chance to try two recipes:
Coconut and Red Lentil Soup
Soooooooo delicious. Highly recommend. Be sure to use all of the suggested lemon zest and lemon juice. It really makes the dish. It was so thick, we ate it over rice. Yum.
Warm Kale and Quinoa Salad
I was a little disappointed with this recipe. It wasn’t that it was bad, just a little bland for my taste. That said, I added some soy sauce and nutritional yeast to it the next day for lunch, and enjoyed it (:
VegCookbook Story Swap
- Lydia of vegankind made the Butternut Bisque, Strawberry Fields Smoothie, Vanilla Mystic Smoothie, Greensicle Smoothie, and the Madeira Peppercorn Tempeh.
- Kelley of Eatin’ Vegan in Smalltown, USA made the Sauteed Chard and the Morning Glorious Juice.
- Brookey of the Crazy Sexy Kitchen Project is cooking her way through *all* of the recipes in Crazy Sexy Kitchen. Last week she made Sweet Greens, Super Fudge (Low Fat) Brownies, Garden Lasagna with Cashew-Pine Nut Ricotta, and Cornmeal Banana Walnut Pancakes.
- Marli made the Split Pea Soup.
- Julie of Seize the Veggies made the Sauteed Chard.
- Stephanie of Give a Chuck made the Green Paint, Chai Latte, and the Warm Kale and Quinoa Salad.
- Stephanie S. made the Cashew Garlic Buttah, the Italian Lemon Dressing, and the Chai Latte Smoothie.
What did you VegCook last week?