I for one will be sad to see our month with our April VegCookbook, How It All Vegan come to an end. Although I’ve had this cookbook for years, I’ve discovered so many new great recipes, like The Fancy Garlic Spread (pictured above). Don’t let the ugly brown color deter you. It’s sweet and delicious. The hubs and I ate the whole thing in one sitting.
I also made Aunt Bonnie’s Lively Lentil Stew, which was very good. I used regular brown lentils, rather than green lentils, because we had them on hand, and only included a dash of red pepper flakes (rather than 1/2 a teaspoonful). We had it one night over rice, and one night without rice. Both were good. I’ll definitely make both recipes again.
VegCookBook Club Story Swap
- Debra of Breathelighter made Big Ben’s Lentil Burgers.
- Elisa of Veggie Goes Vegan made the Mushroom Barley Stew.
- Kelley of Eatin’ Vegan in Smalltown USA made the Make Ya Go Muffins, Corri’s Easy Green Chop Suey, Larry’s Re-Fried Beans, Burnin’ Butt Burritos, Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies, Vegan Sloppy Joes, Spicy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, Faux Parmesan Cheese and Dijon Scalloped Potatoes.
- Lydia of Vegankind made the Mock Chopped Liver, Chickpea Nibbles, Rabbit Shake, and Tofudgesicles.
- Nicole made the Vegetable Pasta Salad, and the Mashed Garlic Potatoes with Kale.
What did you VegCook last week?