Hello VegCookbook Clubbers!
I made one dish from our May VegCookbook (Vegan on the Cheap) last week, and it was a goodie: Spinach Spaghetti with Pesto. The recipe is actually called Linguine with Variations on Pesto, but I used spinach spaghetti, that had 7 grams of protein in it, instead of plain linguine. I topped it with some chickpeas sauteed in oil, with salt and pepper, for even more protein (otherwise, I’ll eat the whole pot of pasta!).
VegCookBook Club Story Swap
Because last week was the end of April, and the beginning of May, folks cooked from two cookbooks:
Vegan on the Cheap (our May VegCookbook)
- Debra of Breathelighter made the Tofeta
- Elisa of Veggie Goes Vegan made the Southwestern Black Bean and Corn Chowder, and the Tofeta.
- Kelley of Eatin’ Vegan in Smalltown USA made the Simple Simmered Seitan and the Savory Vegetable Cobbler.
- Lydia of Vegankind made the Penne-Wise Peanutty Pasta.
- Vicki made the Three Grain Bread and the Comfort Loaf.
How It All Vegan! (our April VegCookbook)
- Babette of Vegan à Montréal made the Nori Sushi Rolls
- Diana of Veggie Next Door made the Spicy Garlic Toss for Noodles and the Faux Parmesan Cheese.
- Julie of Seize the Veggies made the Maple Walnut Brownies, Faux Parmesan Cheese, Chickpea Nibbles, and the Easy Veggie Butter.
- Kelley of Eatin’ Vegan in Smalltown USA made the Rise ‘N’ Shine Granola.
What did you VegCook last week?