Happy Meatless Monday, VegCooks!
Last week, I made the Comfort Loaf with Creamy Mushroom Gravy from our May VegCookbook, Vegan on the Cheap. I wish I had as much success with wheat gluten as all of you who have been raving about the Wheatballs, but I have yet to make anything myself with wheat gluten that turned out well : (
My Comfort Loaf was OK, but not great. It crumbled when it came out of the loaf pan and was a funny texture. The Creamy Mushroom Gravy, on the other hand, was fantastic. Soooooo yummy, and it made a lot. I’ll definitely make it again, especially during the colder months and holiday season.
VegCookbook Club Story Swap
- @battyroyale modified the Tuscan White Bean Pizza to be a polenta bake.
- Diana of Veggie Next Door made the Tempeh Bobotee, and the Sunday Super Frittata.
- Elisa of Veggie Goes Vegan made the Coconut Curry Rice.
- Kelley of Eatin’ Vegan in Smalltown USA made the Skillet Hash, and the Golden Bay Cookies.
- Lydia of Vegankind made the Nacho Taco Salad.
What did you VegCook last week?
P.S. I’ll announce the June VegCookbook on Wednesday!