While bookstore browsing over the Memorial Day weekend, I flipped through a copy of Meatless: More Than 200 of the Very Best Vegetarian Recipes by The Kitchens of Martha Stewart Living. The photos are beautiful, and all of the recipes look simple and good.
Even though the VegCookbook Club’s tagline is “Cooking Our Way Through Vegetarian and Vegan Cookbooks Together,” we’ve never cooked from a vegetarian cookbook. I think it’s time! One of the reasons I started the VegCoookbook Club was to create a welcoming, friendly space for people who are in all of the stages in their VegCooking journey (e.g. vegan, vegetarian, flexitarian, meatless on Monday, newbie). I’m hoping that by cooking from Meatless in June, some new folks will join us (:
I think a lot of you are vegan (although I’m not sure). There are lots of vegan recipes in the book, as well as vegetarian recipes that could be adapted. Here are some sample recipes:
- Asparagus-and-Lemon Risotto
- Creamy Broccoli-White Bean Soup
- Harvest Vegetable Galette with Greens and Goat Cheese
- Kale Slaw with Red Cabbage and Carrots
- Mushroom, Spinach, and Scallion Tart
- New Greek Salad
- Portobello and Zucchini Tacos
- Roasted Sweet-Potato Salsa
- Stuffed Acorn Squash with Quinoa and Pistachios
- Warm Edamame Salad
I’m looking forward to cooking through Meatless with you in June!