I’m sorry for the delay in getting our weekly round-up posted. I was out of town for half the week, so I’m behind on everything, and didn’t get a chance to cook from our June VegCookbook, Meatless, until last night.
Does anyone else feel like life is moving extra fast right now?
Last night I made two dishes:
The Portobello and Zucchini Tacos and the Kale & Red Cabbage Slaw. I loved the tacos! For some reason, in my post-trip-grocery-shopping stupor I wrote down “salsa” instead of “cherry tomatoes” on my shopping list, so my tacos were topped with salsa, instead of fresh tomatoes, but they were still very tasty. The recipe calls for Monterey Jack cheese, but you could veganize it by using vegan Monterey Jack. You can view the recipe on MarthaStewart.com.
I wasn’t as crazy about the Kale & Red Cabbage Slaw, but I think that is because I did a *very* lazy, post-trip-tired-cook thing. I put all of the ingredients in the food processor. Even though the kale and cabbage were supposed to be shredded, the carrots julenned, the parsley chopped and the red onion diced, I grated it all in my food processor. Not a good idea. I would like to make this again — properly! You can view the recipe on WholeLiving.com.
VegCookbook Club Story Swap
Because last week was the end of May, and the beginning of June, folks cooked from two cookbooks:
Vegan on the Cheap
- Jeni of Thyme and Love made the Savory Sausage and Pepper, the Baked Ziti, the Fusilli with Potatoes, Green Beans and Lemon Basil Creme, the Thai-Rice Pineapple Rice Salad, and the Call It Cassoulet.
- Kelley of Eatin’ Vegan in Smalltown USA made the Baked Ziti.
- Lydia of Vegankind made the Nacho Taco Salad, the Inner Goddess Dressing, and the House Salad Dressing.
- MzBzVegan made the Southern News Year’s Stew.
- Elisa of Veggie Goes Vegan made the Chickpea Curry with Roasted Cauliflower and Tomato
What did you VegCook last week?