Welcome to our first week of VegCooking from our August VegCookbook, Betty Goes Vegan! I made two dishes and liked them both.
The Paglia e Fieno (pictured above) was super yummy. My only complaint is that it didn’t make more! It calls for regular and spinach linguine, but my grocery store only sold plain linguine, so I made it with regular and spinach penne.
The South American Corn and Quinoa was also very good (in case you missed it, I shared the recipe yesterday). It calls for 1/2 a cup of lime or lemon juice. I used lemon, so it was very lemony, which I liked. The hubs said he’d like a little less lemon next time (:
VegCookbook Club Story Swap
- Barbee made the Orange Sesame Tofu from from our July VegCookbook, Eat, Drink and Be Vegan.
- Elisa Camahort Page of Veggie Goes Vegan made Cheezburger Pie.
- Evesfca made the Zucchini Spelt Muffins from from our July VegCookbook, Eat, Drink and Be Vegan.
- Happy Vegan Kitchen made the Peanut Passion Sauce from Eat, Drink and Be Vegan.
- Kelley of Eatin’ Vegan in Smalltown USA made the Zucchini Apple Bread and the Breakfast Tacos (Scramble). She also made the Polenta Casserole from Eat, Drink and Be Vegan.
- Kellylongfellow made the Whole Wheat Banana and Chocolate Chip Pancakes.
What did you VegCook last week?