Black Pepper Tofu Macaroni Salad
Very yummy, and it made lots of leftovers, which is a big plus in my book. I’m not a big fan of vegan cheese, so I didn’t add the suggested 1/2 cup of Daiya shredded cheddar. The only drawback is that this takes a long time to make, almost three hours, so it isn’t a good weeknight recipe.
Strawberry and Cream Quinoa Porridge
Comforting, sweet and delicious.
These were surprisingly good. I saw surprising because the concept of a Sloppy Joe has never appealed to me, but I liked these. I only used 1/4 cup of ketchup, rather than a cup, ’cause I had less at home than I thought, but it was still tasty.
Spinach Waldorf Salad
I really liked this recipe, and will definitely make it again. The biggest challenge was finding a 1/2 cup of vegan plain yogurt. I tried five store (3 local grocery stores, Safeway and Trader Joe’s). None of them carried plain vegan yogurt. I finally found some at a natural food co-op.
VegCookbook Club Story Swap
- Diana of Veggie Next Door made the Diablo Beefless Chili Mac
- Elisa Camahort Page of Veggie Goes Vegan made the Peach Plum and Pomegranate Salad, and the Big Easy Jumbalaya.
- Elizabeth Thompson made the Whole Wheat Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes, Maple-Pecan-Crusted Vegan Chicken, and the Quiche Lorraine.
- Happy Vegan Kitchen made the Greek Lemon Soup.
- Kelley of Eatin’ Vegan in Smalltown USA made the Incredible Green Monstah Casserole, Toffee Bars, and Smoky Collard Greens (Chard) with Vegan Bacon.
- Lydia of vegankind made Cowboy Caviar, BLT Crostini, and the Orange, Agave and Mustard Dressing.
What did you VegCook last week?
I’m looking forward to VegCooking with you from our September VegCookbook, Vegan Indian Cooking.
P.S. My Juicy Blogging E-Course starts next week!