I didn’t have a juicer when we were cooking from Crazy, Sexy Kitchen in January, so I was excited to go back in and try some of the juice recipes. I made the Immune Me Juice, which was very tart, but definitely felt like it was doing something.
I also made the “Hide the Lentils” Tomato Sauce again from Eat, Drink and Be Vegan.
This time around, I pureed it with my immersion blender. I liked it, but should have followed my notes from when I made it in July: “When I make this again, I’ll add some olives and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes to give it some zing.”
What have you been VegCooking?
VegCookbook Club Story Swap:
Isa Does It (November)
- Amy made the Sweet Potato and Red Curry Soup.
- Catherine made the Spinach Black Bean Millet Burrito with Guac and Salsa.
- Cintia made the Creamy Potato-Leek Soup.
- Elizabeth made the Sunflower Mac N’ Cheese and the Belgian Beer Seitan Stew.
- Jenn made the Ancho-Lentil Tacos and the Korean BBQ Portobello Burger.
- Kelly Made the Puffy Pillow Pancakes.
- Kristen made the Sinfully Wholesome Waffles and the Garlic-Curry Fries and Cajun Fries.
Vegan Indian Cooking (September)
- Janet at The Taste Space (saveur on vegansprout.com) made the Goan-Inspired Curry with Coconut Milk.
Eat, Drink and Be Vegan (July)
- Amy made the Cheddary Broccoli Soup.
- Elizabeth made the Belgian Beer Seitan Stew.
- Cintia made the Living Caesar Salad.
- Eve made the Sweet Potato Lentil Chili.
- Kate made the One Wild Chick Soup.
- Lynsey made the Zucchini Chickpea Tomato Curry and the Savory French Lentils.
Vegan Brunch (March)