This morning, while pulling out the hummus recipe from the original edition of the Moosewood Cookbook, I got inspired for us to go back to some of the roots of VegCookbooks by having Mollie Katzen be our Featured VegCookbook author in June.
She has 12 VegCookbooks we can cook from together, including a new one (published in 2013) and three for kids:
You can learn more about Mollie here:
If you’re a newbie here, you can read about how to participate in the VegCookbook Club on our About and Love Notes pages. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at britt AT brittbravo DOT com.
How have you liked our May VegCookbook, More Quick-Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson? I’ve tried five recipes so far:
Farfalle with Madeira Mushrooms
Very yummy sauce!
Rotini with Broccoli and Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
OK, but I probably wouldn’t make it again.
Moroccan Couscous Bowl
Tasty! I loved all of the different colors and textures.
Fiery “Korean” Stir-Fry
My favorite recipe of the five. Really delicious.
This was good too. Robertson has a real knack for creating original and delicious flavors. The only drawback was that it didn’t make great leftovers.
VegCookbook Club Story Swap:
- Cintia made Red Beans and Sweet Potato with Watercress and Walnuts, and the Figgy Quinoa Pilaf.
- Diana of Veggie Next Door made Unstuffed Cabbage, Rotini and Asparagus with Springtime Pesto, Mike’s Homemade Pita Chips, Hummus Soup, and Smoky Tofu Wraps.
- Elizabeth made the Gemelli with Rapini.
- Evesfca made Spaghetti with Cremini Bolognese Sauce, Black Beans and Spinach with Tomato-Avocado Salsa, Quinoa, White Beans, and Brussels Sprouts with Pecans and Dried Cranberries, and the Linguine with White Clam-ish Sauce.
- Janet at the taste space (saveur on vegansprout) made the Manchurian Chickpea Bowls (you can see a photo and the recipe on her blog), Mediterranean Tofu Scram Bowl, and the Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Chickpeas.
- Jenn made the Hummus Soup with Pita Croutons, Smoky Corn Chowder, Black Beans and Spinach with Tomato-Avocado Salsa, Tofu and Green Beans with Hoisin-Almond Sauce, Happy Oatmeal Cookies, and the Rotini with Smoky Chickpeas and Cauliflower.
- Jokevanoo made the Creamy Sesame Soba Stir-Fry, Tofu and Green Beans with Hoisin-Almond Sauce, Tempeh Larb, Pad Thai Primavera, Fiery Korean Stir Fry, Tonkatsu Tacos, Pasta with Smoky Chickpeas and Cauliflower, Sweet and Spicy Tempeh, Spicy Smoked Portobello Tacos, and the Jerk Seitan and Vegetable Skillet.
What have you been VegCooking?