Your votes are in! The VegCookbook you enjoyed cooking from the most with the VegCookbook Club in 2013 is . . . Isa Does It by Isa Chandra Moskowitz! Your second choice was Eat, Drink and Be Vegan by Dreena Burton, and third was Crazy Sexy Kitchen.
Since our last round-up, I made three more recipes from Isa Does It: The Butternut Bisque, which was good. We’ve been having it as a “starter” over the past few nights.
The Cast-Iron Stir-Fry which I *loved* (I made it in a wok). I’ll definitely make this again, but will probably top it with less basil and no avocado.
And the Tofu-Mushroom Strogonoff. The sauce for this recipe was phenomenal and I’ll definitely make it again. It had way too much tofu for my tastes, so I would cut that back next time. Yummy.
Below is our last round-up for 2013. Some of you early birds have already begun trying recipes from our January 2014 featured VegCookbook author, Lindsay Nixon!
VegCookbook Club Story Swap
Lindsay Nixon’s VegCookbooks (January 2014)
- Amy made the Moroccan Lentil Soup from Everyday Happy Herbivore, and the Apple Crisp Muffins from The Happy Herbivore.
- Elizabeth made the “Tuna” Salad from The Happy Herbivore.
- Kelly made the Banana-Chocolate Chip Scones from Happy Herbivore Light and Lean.
- Vanessa made the Sweet Potato Dal from Everyday Happy Herbivore.
Isa Does It (November)
- Amy made the Rosemary-Chocolate Chip Cookies, the Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Penne with Broccoli, Good Gravy Bowl, Lentil-Quinoa Stew and the Sesame Tofu.
- Cintia made the Lemon Blueberry Loaf.
- Elizabeth made the Island Burgers, Butternut Squash Pasta, Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies, Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Tarragon Alfredo Sauce, and the Puffy Pillow Pancakes,
- Eve made the Coconut French Toast.
- Jules made the Roasted Red Pepper Mac.
- Liz made the Scrambled Chickpeas.
- Gina of Happy Vegan Kitchen made the Coconut French Toast.
- Kate made the Roasted Red Pepper Mac, Red Lentil Thai Chili, and the Rosemary Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- Kelley of Eatin’ Vegan in Smalltown USA made the Carrot Cake Pancakes.
- Maya made the Chai Spice Cookies.
Betty Goes Vegan (August)
Eat, Drink and Be Vegan (July)
- Amy made the Tamari Roasted Chickpeas.
- Eve made the Raspberry Chocolate Chip Scones.
- Kelley of Eatin’ Vegan in Smalltown USA made the Zucchini Chickpea Tomato Curry.
- Lynsey made the Cocoa-Coconut Chili.
Vegan on the Cheap (May)
- Kelley of Eatin’ Vegan in Smalltown USA made the White Beans and Lemon Potatoes with Olives & Tomatoes.
How It All Vegan (April)
- Kate made the Zucchini Bread.
- Kelley of Eatin’ Vegan in Smalltown USA made the Hearty Winter Potato Soup.
- Lydia made the Sinful Chocolate Pudding.
Vegan Brunch (March)
Color Me Vegan (February)
- Janet at The Taste Space (saveur on vegansprout.com) made the White Winter Soup, Nori Wraps with Orange Cashew Cream, Minted Chickpea Salad, Quinoa, Tofu and Kale with Walnut Pesto, Lemony Pan-Fried Chickpeas with Chard, Asparagus and carrots with walnut dressing, and Asian-Inspired Edamame Salad.
- Kelley of Eatin’ Vegan in Smalltown USA made the Minestrone with Kale.
Crazy Sexy Kitchen (January)
- Jules made the Avo-Toasts and Sauteed Chard.
- Kelley of Eatin’ Vegan in Smalltown USA made the Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pistachios & Cipollini Onions.
What have you been VegCooking?