First off, I want to say thank you for all of the thoughtful comments in response to my request for feedback about how useful the VegCookbook Club Story Swaps are to you, and if I should continue to do them. I’m going to mull over all of your great suggestions and figure out what would be best for the Club and fun for me ( :
Last week, I made two dishes from The Vegan Table by our February VegCookbook Club author, Colleen Patrick-Goudreau.
The Penne Arrabbiata was very yummy and quick to make. I added a ton of extra garlic and served it with a side of Nate’s Zesty Italian Meatless Meatballs. This was my first time trying Nate’s Meatballs and they were delish.
I also made the “Cuban” Black Bean soup. It has a strong banana flavor (the recipe calls for three bananas) that I simultaneously liked and didn’t like, if that makes any sense. I liked the “Caribbean” flavor of the soup, but sometimes the banana flavor was too weird. I served it with slices of Italian Field Roast Sausage and avocado to give it a little more savory flavor.
What have you been VegCooking?
VegCookbook Club Story Swap
30 Day Vegan Challenge
- Barbi made the Kale Chips.
- Jenn made the Creamy Macaroni and Cheese and then used the “cheese” on a homemade pizza.
Color Me Vegan
- Barbee made the Peanut Butter Pancakes
- Barbi made the Coconut Rice and Black Bean Brazilian Stew
- Diana of Veggie Next Door made the Asian-Inspired Edamame Salad.
- Happy Vegan Kitchen made the Citrus Salad and the Strawberries in Lavender Syrup.
The Joy of Vegan Baking
- Elizabeth made the Brownies.
- Happy Vegan Kitchen made the Chocolate Mousse.
- Melissa made the Brownies.
The Vegan Table
- Amy made the Scotch Broth, and the Asian-Inspired Lettuce Wraps.
- Catherine made the Quinoa and Corn Medley.
- Elizabeth made the French Onion Tart.
- Eve made the Butternut Squash Risotto, the Asian-Inspired Lettuce Wraps, and the Delightful Date Truffles.
- Jenn made the Tomato, Basil and Arugula Bruschetta.
- Kate made the Aloo Gobi.
- Musegal007 made the Autumn/Winter Temper Salad and the Butternut Squash Sage Risotto.
- Tami made the Three Bean Chili.
Vegan’s Daily Companion